Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

SLJ Week 1: Activity 2 - My hometown

My Hometown: Auckland

Auckland has much myths, legends and history that lurks around the city. The gift of culture is a proud emotion many Aucklanders show when dancing, speaking in their own language or representing their country in cultural events. Auckland is well known for its cultural events such as Poly Fest (Polynesian festival), but also things like the Sky Tower, One tree hill and much, much more. Being a citizen of this city makes me proud because of how beautiful and kind everything and everyone is. Respect is a given not an expectation or demand, when in this city. I am so grateful call it mine.

1 comment:

  1. Morena Ferah,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey. I am so excited to see so many of students from Christ the King participating in the Summer Learning Journey this year. You have all worked so hard over he last few weeks to get ready for the summer, and it has paid off.

    I am extremely impressed with the quality of your post and the quality of your grammar. I absolutely agree with you, everyone is so kind and accepting of one another, that it makes me proud to be an Aucklander too. I especially love the way we embrace the Maori culture and also celebrate the cultural diversity within our multicultural city. It is humbling to see so many cultures working together as one, to make our city beautiful.

    I really enjoy visiting all the parks and playgrounds in Auckland, such as, Hay Park, Waterview Park, and Cornwall Park. What would a perfect day in Auckland look like to you?

    I can't wait to see more incredible posts from you over the summer.

    Keep up the awesome work,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.