Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2018

Tapa Cloth

Tapa Cloth Reflection




I am proud of my accomplishment because to it represents my culture and ended up looking better than I expected.

A part of the process was scrunching the paper to make it look old and when Miss Paton (my teacher) did mine
I thought it strange and unusual. However, even with a few rips it looked better than I would have thought. Another
interesting discovery I made about the task itself was that bleach could be used to whiten dark coloured paper.  

A challenging moment was creating a perfectly symmetrical and identical pattern on either side of the paper.

If I were to create this differently I think I would have tried a different pattern that was less detailed and easier to
draw, dye and bleach in small places.

A few things that inspired me to do this pattern were on google images. I also had help from my friends suggesting
where I could dye or bleach. My teacher was also a large help as she provided instructions on how to create this
artwork.

To modify these patterns, I could of chosen a more authentic and less easy pattern to go around the centre or bolden
the lines so they were more seeable from a distance.

The aspect of my tapa cloth that I am most proud of is the colour contrast and the pattern I chose to draw in the centre
and the borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.